Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's all about the pounds

Boo hoo. I should be content. I didn't gain. But I lost so little. Only 0.6 pounds this week. Mothers Day weekend indulgences, I suppose. So sad. It's all about the "lbs". I can't lie to myself. I want that scale to plummet and I want my jeans to button. Plain and simple. Oh, sure, lower cholesterol, blood pressure, blood sugar, blah blah blah. I want results people can see. I want results I can feel when I pat my ever shrinking belly. The healthy benefits will follow. I can't "see" those benefits anyway.
A few bites here and there and one lovely bowl of lobster bisque. That's all it took to slow down the loss. That's not fair! I was a good girl the rest of the time. Question is, would I have gained weight this week had I not dieted? Did the few weekend indulgences add up to enough calories to make a difference? Damn! That sucks.
I even scoured the closet for my "lightest" clothes. Ugh. Dieting life is just not fair!
And tonight, another restaurant review. I'm doomed.

No comments: