Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Where's the other pound?

We dietitians tell people that a safe moderate weight loss is 2 pounds per week. That makes me think that we are advising people not to lose more than 2 pounds per week and that they can expect to lose 2 pounds per week if they follow the die*t. So why haven't I lost 2 pounds per week? Why did I lose 0.6, 0.4 and now 1.0 pounds for the last three weeks! #*#**!!! Where's the extra 1 pound I should have lost this week? Who has it? Where is it? On my butt???
Sure there's been the occasional stray french fry (on my birthday).....and a few restaurant meals eaten with caution. Not enough to make a major impact on weight loss especially since I continue to exercise with intensity every day which should offset or at least balance the extra calories.
I know-I'm still losing. At least I haven't gained or stopped losing. I'm happy about that. And at this point, it's no longer that much of an effort. It's just the way it is. And I'll accept that it's just the way it is. But the way it is isn't fair. That's all I'm saying.
And still no one has noticed. Ten pounds. No one has noticed. Is it that I'm so gorgeous every day that a day when I look just a little bit better because I'm not as fat-does that go unnoticed because I always look so good. LOL. Nope. That can't be it.
Is that no one really looks at me....because I'm old? Because I'm fat?
Is it because people are just used to me and the changes just don't compute for them?
I'll never know. But I sure do hope someone notices soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Sharon! Just found your blog and I love it! Thanks for expressing what we all think... I can see myself and so many of my friends in your posting. See ya and best on the blog,
Cade.