Monday, July 21, 2008

nagging dreams of ice cream

It's been all about ice cream since Friday. Hot fudge, to be exact. Lots of it. Dripping over the sides of the container. With several scoops of ice cream-notably cherry vanilla studded with huge juicy red cherries. And maybe a scoop of coffee to add a little acidic bite to the mix. If the dreams don't go away soon I guess I'll have to succumb. It's the only way. So for a while today I will allow myself to obsess about how much ice cream will fill the bowl when I do give in. Because I will give in. Soon. There's no doubt about it. But the relinquishing of inner control has to come at just the right moment. Because if it is too soon or too late, I might enjoy the moment of indulgence so much that I won't be able to go back to this lifestyle of denial that I have styled for myself over the past two months.
So now to thoughts of soft, creamy sweet ice cream melting under warm gooey fudge. Quantity and time of indulgence as yet undetermined.

No comments: