Sunday, January 3, 2010

Say it isn't so

While on vacation in LA, I was attacked by some evil GI bug. Never really felt sick but nothing I ate stayed in my digestive tract for very long. I tried to "rest" my gut by not eating but I got too hungry! So I decided to stick to "simple" foods (aka, low fat, low sugar). That didn't help but I was afraid to deviate from that diet so I stuck with it for four days. No ice cream. No desserts of any kind. Nothing fried (boo hoo).
Drove home to Phoenix yesterday. Six hours in the car. No food. Too scared to eat since so many of the rest stops in Arizona are closed due to budget constraints.
Anyway, today decided to eat whatever. I guess GI bug got tired of my body and has departed. So I bought six pints of ice cream. Yes, six. I like to mix and match. Love to eat one scoop of each flavor. Oh, and Magic Shell. I know. That's disgusting. But I love it. The way it gets hard and crunchy over the soft creamy ice cream. Great mix of textures. And, yes, I know that Magic Shell has no flavor. So what.
I filled a soup bowl with six scoops (rather large ones), one of each flavor, topped with Magic Shell.
I am sad to report that for the first time in my life, I was unable to finish the ice cream. What! In fact, I didn't really enjoy what I was able to eat. Why!
That's the saddest experience I've had in a long time.  I might not like ice cream any more. Say it isn't so!

No comments: