Thursday, June 11, 2009

Gym Trash Talk

Overheard at the gym this morning from two women on elliptical(who, by the way, were not working out hard enough as evidenced by their ability to carry on this inane conversation without being out of breath)
Woman 1: I'm working out extra hard today. I've got to lose the two pounds I gained yesterday.
Woman 2: Two pounds? That doesn't mean much in one day. Might just be a regular fluctuation.
Woman 1: Doesn't make any sense. I only ate 1/2 cup of bran flakes, 1/2 cup of skim milk and one slice of pizza yesterday. I drank a lot of water, though. I worked out for two hours last night. How could I gain two pounds!

1/2 cup cereal, 1/2 cup skim milk, one slice of pizza. The whole day? If I were her body (and thankfully, I am not), I'd be pissed at her, too. I'd gain weight just to make her angry!

No comments: