Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring cleaning

Worst time of the year--change of seasons. Means I have to go into closet, try on clothes from last season and start making piles to take to resale store. Nothing fits. Nothing ever fits from one season to the next. Can't blame the "cleaners" like I used to when I lived in NYC and stored my clothes over the winter and summer. We only had one closet so each change of season, I would pack up the clothes and take them to our neighborhood cleaners. Everyone did (does?) that. NYC closets were just too small. Then when I'd pick them and try them on, they were always a little tighter. My friends and I used to blame the cleaners. They had to have done something to them in the dry cleaning process.
This time, not the cleaner's fault.Nope. And unless someone snuck into the house while we were gone and exchanged all my clothes for a smaller size, it's gotta be that I gained weight (duh) or there's been an enormous shift in fat and lean tissue. Either one, nothing fits. Even sandals from last summer are too tight. Damn. My feet are fat!

No comments: