Monday, April 19, 2010

Let the eating frenzy begin

Tomorrow morning I leave for Portland to attend International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP) meeting. This would be a great test of my ability to eat intuitively and to make healthier choices. It would be if I were willing to test those abilities. I'm not. At least not at a foodie event. A five day foodie event. In a great food city. With so much fresh fish and local veggies and young chefs. Give me a break. No way. I've already lined up the restaurants, perused the menus, made my mental choices. I'm ready. To eat. I'll try to avoid the Pepsi trap. And I might stay away desserts or perhaps take one bite. But the "food". I have to . I want to. I will. So WW be damned for this week. Points out the window. Elastic waisted pants? Packed. Big billowy shirts? Packed. Umbrella? Packed. Sneakers and work out clothes? Packed. Ready for the party.

No comments: