Friday, April 16, 2010

Back at WW

Almost forgot to report my first week at WW. So, not exactly committed this time. Not keeping a log of what I eat or counting points. Did weigh and measure and stayed away from foods with too many points. Because I'm so old I only have 20 points plus the 35 extra for the week plus the exercise points. Not really a lot so once I've had my porteins, dairy, fruits and veg, there isn't much left for anything else. Boo hoo.
Without following the diet but also sort of following the diet, I lost 2 1/2 pounds the first week. Way less than I probably would have if I'd been accountable but still a weight loss.
This week. Another story....well, the same story only worse. Have not written down anything. Have not looked up anything. Have eaten out. Had french fries. Had ice cream. But still not in the quantities I would normally consume. Not sure how this will play out. I believe I'm within points even with those foods because of activity but not sure. Moment of truth is noon on Monday when I get on the scale.
Meeting kills me. But I go. And I stay. Best thing about WW and about the meetings is that the leader is kind and always helpful. Very large woman joined. Leader treated her with dignity and kindness. Woman had some trouble getting on scale. Didn't want to take off her shoes. Probably would have had trouble taking them off and putting them back on. Bravo for the woman, though. She came. She got weighed. She faced probably one of her biggest fears--the scale. Hope all goes well for her at the first weigh in on Monday so that she feels some sense of accomplishment.
Think perhaps I am not sticking to the "rules" because I am finally being more mindful and intuitive. I'm not eating unless hungry. Not waiting until starving. Stopping when I've had enough. Even if there's still food and it tastes good. So paying for WW but actually following my own program.
WW now uses mindful approach. Each time I join there is another element added.

No comments: