Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Me and my big mouth

Okay. We all know I have a big mouth. Lots of food goes into it every day. But sometimes my mouth (or in this case my fingers on the computer keyboard) take over and I run amok with words spilling out. So if you read today's Chicago Tribune article about the Surgeon General (front page), you'll see what I mean. (http://www.chicagotribune.com/health/chi-surgeon-general-fat-doctors-jul28,0,3509415.story)
Now, I'm not sorry about anything that is quoted. In fact, I laughed out loud when I read the last sentence! I did indeed write that in an e-mail to the journalist. I just hope the rest of the dietetic community thinks it's funny..........
I already got one e-mail from someone telling me that I don't look that fat! Love it. I know. Isn't that great. If I did look that fat maybe I would work a little harder at controlling my mouth.
The article made my day. I love seeing my name in print even when it's not my byline.

No comments: