Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Cookie Cravings

For days, for many days, I have been thinking about eating a cookie. Pretty much any kind of cookie as long as it is crispy. But I didn't. I tried to do what the diet gurus tell you to do. Wait. Perhaps the desire will go away. Try to eat something more nutritious. I did. But cookies kept dancing thru my brain. So I finally gave in to the desire. I had some chocolate chip cookies in the freezer. I baked them a while ago. They didn't come out the way I wanted them to so I didn't gift them as I had originally intended. Still, I couldn't throw them away. So I froze them. I see them each time I open the freezer--which is many times a day. I didn't really want them. They have too many chocolate chips in them which is why I didn't eat them when they were hot and fresh out of the oven. Too much chocolate. I know. For many of you chocoholics, there's no such thing as too much chocolate. But I don't really like chocolate or, better said, I don't lust for chocolate.
Today, though, I needed those cookies. Badly. I don't even know why. Well, I'm trying to write three articles, all long ones, due on the same day. All requiring lots of research. None at all related to the others. So I guess you could say this cookie desire was stress induced.
I tried to quell the desire with cantaloupe. Ripe, sweet cantaloupe. It was delicious but didn't satisfy the craving. Cookies!
I heated one in the microwave. I ate it. Too many chocolate chips. And yet, satisfying. I'm okay now. I don't want another one (probably because it wasn't the best chocolate chip cookie I ever baked) and I'm feeling okay. One cookie. Who woulda thunk it.
Now off to the gym. Not because of guilt but because it's time for step class. Gotta go.

No comments: