Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Eureka: By George I think I've got it!

I woke up this morning thinking that this is not doable. I was hungry for foods I could not have and not at all interested in what is on my list of Core foods. I talked myself out of "cheating". It was a tough talk.
Sharon: Only three days into the diet and already you're losing your reserve?
Sharon: But everyone says I look fine and I am healthy so why should I suffer like this?
Sharon: Because you're fat and you know that you don't look fine and you may be healthy now but tomorrow might be different.
Sharon: Ugh!
So I had Trader Joe's organic oatmeal made with water. I sweetened it by adding a mashed up ripe banana. Man, that was good! Almost too good.
Then off to the restaurant. A wonderful Mexican restaurant-not TexMex. Met three friends with whom I eat for reviews. This time I was not the reviewer but we were there for a review nonetheless. Wow. The food was amazing. I mean, what I had was amazing and the rest of it looked great.
I ordered a fish Veracruz. Fish cooked with onions, peppers, and tomatoes. It was tasty. And I stopped eating when I had enough. I actually stopped! I think I'm getting it. I sniffed at everyone else's food and took one bite of the chicken mole-and I do mean one little bite. It was out of this world.
We loved our meal. Everyone else finished theirs. Not I. I'm a good girl!
The restaurant was empty when we arrived so the owner stopped by our table a few times (actually, a few times too many!) to schmooze. He didn't know who we were-at least I don't think he did. Anyway, he sent over the most glorious dessert afterwards. He makes a two layer Mexican flan: chocolate on the bottom, regular flan on top. I don't know how he does it and I don't care. I did take a sliver-so tiny that I almost couldn't taste it. The other ladies oohed and ahhed and they tried to get me to eat more but honestly, I was okay. It will be there next month or in six months or whenever I choose to have it.
By George, I think I've got it! And to think that I almost threw in the towel this morning.
I stopped by the fitness center after lunch and weighed myself. I know. I'm not supposed to do that but I had to. I just had to see if the diet is working. It is! Even though it was right after lunch, I weighed less than I weighed on Saturday. Not a lot less, mind you. But less. And it's only three days.
Thank you! Thank me!

No comments: