Sunday, February 14, 2010

Is it okay to splurge on special occasions?

I'm opposed to all these articles about how to cook a healthy Thanksgiving dinner or a healthy Valentine's Day meal. I mean, it's only once a year. Right? Why not indulge? Splurge?
But I just started thinking about that--it's only "once a year". Of course, each holiday is only once a year but how many of those once a year splurges might there be?

New Year's Day
Super Bowl
Valentine's Day
Easter Sunday Brunch
Passover Seder
Birthdays
Anniversaries
Fourth of July
Labor Day
Halloween
Thanksgiving
Chanukah
Christmas

I probably left some out. If you think of any, please let me know so I can add them to the list. So I listed 13 special occasions when splurging might be in order. Out of 365 days a year, not such a big deal. Maybe I'm right, then. It is okay to indulge on special occasions.

2 comments:

Edible Nutrition said...

I am right there with you on this one!!

Shelley Rael said...

As a Mom, I believe I deserve an indulgence for Mother's Day too!!