Monday, January 12, 2009

curmudgeonly remarks

If one more skinny person tells me how easy it is to lose weight, I'm going to scream at the top of my lungs (which, by the way, is blood curdling). It's not that I don't think a thin person knows how to lose weight. We've all read the same books, seen the same gurus on TV. Sure, the skinny so and so knows. The same way I know how to change a flat tire but in reality I can't do it. And if Miss Skinny ever gets fat, I'd like to be there when she starts following her own advice.
On the other hand...would I trust some fat person who has not lost weight to advise me on how to lose weight? I mean, wouldn't I just say to her, "If you can't do it for yourself, how do you expect to help me?"
Oh, and don't you just love the people who tell you, "I was so busy that I forgot to eat." Really? So busy that you didn't notice you were becoming lightheaded. And was the room so noisy that you couldn't hear (or feel) your stomach rumbling?
How do you ignore the signs of hunger? I don't like physical discomfort. And being hungry is uncomfortable. I respond to discomfort by trying to change my environment so that I will be comfortable again. That's why I eat when I'm hungry.
Whatever. One of those days.

No comments: