Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What I should have eaten

Every day I make choices: what color eye shadow to wear, how to comb my hair, what shoes to wear, whether or not to be angry (yes, I can actually "decide" to be angry) but mostly I decide what to eat. And, alas, I usually make the wrong decision. For breakfast today I could have had a bowl of oatmeal but instead I had a smoothie. Now, smoothies are good. Fruits, milk. But really I could have used the fiber and the oatmeal would have been a much lower calorie choice.
I just got back from errands. I wanted a "snack". I could have had some fruit or even some veggies (all cut up in the frig already) but instead I ate a piece of Irish soda bread (made it yesterday....in honor of St. Pat's Day)that I topped with brown sugar before baking....just because.
Coulda Woulda Shoulda. My uncle told me never to say those words.

No comments: